Monday 24 October 2011

Project 2: Promising Type

All students are required to produce a series of designs for the front and back covers of the four provided types of sketch-books. You are to use text and no images and the design must reflect a promise that sketchbook if offering to a consumer you have identified.

Martin carri




Martin carri uses typography to create designs.
I’m using him as inspiration for sketchbook 3, which i’ve identified a consumer to be a designer, hence why I am looking into the composition of the typography.

Promise, and layout of sketchbook 3


Promise, and layout of sketchbook 3, that I sent as an outline to be lazer cut into mdf. Originally when I took the outline to get it cut I had forgotten to put the lines into the letters A, O, E & J  so the middle was detached and it was difficult to make out what the letter was. I had to re-design the text and have the piece re-cut.

Martin O’neill, inspiration for sketchbook 4





I have identified a writer to be the consumer and so I have decided to use a collage technique, using existing forms of writing to create my piece.


Collage experiments.




Collage experiments with my chosen promise, for sketchbook 4. Inspired by Martin O’neill’s pieces.

Sean Ryan Cooley.



More inspiration for sketchbook 4 design


Experiments




Drawn from collage experiments, I then scanned it in and created an outline so that an mdf version cut be lazer cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment